TECHNICAL MOUNTAIN WALKING SHELL
Designed for year round mountain walking weather protection, the Direct Ascent eVent® Jacket uses nylon-faced eVent® fabric to provide superb durability, breathability and total waterproofness. It is perfect in stormy weather conditions where the jacket can be comfortably worn 100% of the time.
Fully featured, it has a great, functional pocket combination, helmet compatible hood and is longer in the body for extra protection. From the Scottish mountains to the American Cascade Ranges, the Direct Ascent Jacket is perfectly suited for long days in wet, cold and stormy weather.
Fabric: eVent® Hurricane 3 Layer
Fabric denier: 40D + 40D Rip
Zips: YKK matte AquaGuard®
Moroccan blue / Burnt orange zips
Weight (approx.): 500g / 17.6oz (M)
Sizes: S-Chest 38”, M-Chest 40”, L-Chest 42”, XL-Chest 44”, XXL-Chest 46”
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Mountaineering / Mountain Walking / High Trekking / Backpacking
- Constructed from eVent® Hurricane 3 Layer fabric that is breathable and waterproof
- Colour matched 13mm micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area
- 12 – 13 stitch count on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro-tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Tailored with mountain walking in mind; longer in the body and able to accommodate winter layering
- Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and biceps
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible mountain hood with three points of adjustment
- Hood visor stiffened with a wire on the lip for adjustability
- Internal elastic loop combined with hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Bonded and stitched hood channels for extra strength
- Single hand adjustable elasticated face aperture with ‘floating’ cordlocks and internal cord exit for simplicity and improved functionality
- Two deep map-sized hand-warmer A-line pockets with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- A-line pockets feature brushed fine microfleece on the inside to provide warmth
- External pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- YKK zips are both stitched and bonded into the seams
- Internal left hand side bonded mesh pocket with hook and loop closure
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK matte AquaGuard® front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
- Internal storm flap with rain drain edge behind centre front zip together with low profile, durable press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
COLLAR AND CUFFS
- Bonded brushed fine microfleece on inner collar facings next to mouth, chin and rear neck
- Roll over beardguard prevents YKK zip from contacting the chin or mouth
- Shaped cuffs with adjustable hook and loop tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
WAIST AND HEM
- Bonded internal waist channel to adjust fabric in body for a closer fit and lower adjustable hem toprevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- MONTANE® ‘penny cordlocks’ on lower hem sides to create a low profile for comfort under climbing orrucksack harness
eVent® Hurricane 3 Layer
136g/m² 40D x 40D 100% nylon 6.6 rip-stop
Waterproof to a minimum of 30,000mm hydrostatic head with a minimum MVTR of 15,000g/m²/24hrs
Spray rating 80/20
Laminated to oleophobic, air permeable hydrophobic ePTFE and nylon tricot
eVent® fabric is an advanced waterproof and breathable barrier that uses Dry System Technology™ to dramatically reduce interior clamminess while providing unparalleled levels of breathability and user comfort
- The Direct Ascent eVent® Jacket is made from eVent® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C / 104°F with liquid detergent.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Do not dry clean.
- Drip dry only.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE®recommends Nikwax TX Direct.